This guide is specific to Atlantica Global, when players first rush into it; this will become outdated after the first 3 or so months into Global.
The ‘rankings’ we’ll be going by aren’t how powerful or useful the mercenaries are, alone; it’s heavily influenced by the limited scope of choice (4 mercs) that you have. Some players will focus on PVE, some PVP (FL), and some with a bit of both, so I’ll give a number/ranking based on such.
Ranking 1 (Best) – to – 6 (Worst). A reminder that you will have a total of 4 choices/these summon orbs.
1: You probably really want to get this merc.
2: Most likely going to get them at some point.
3: Wouldn’t recommend picking them, but not a bad choice.
4: Are you sure you want to pick this one? There’s better choices.
5: You’re literally memeing at this point.
- Rin – Puppeteer (PVE/1-PVP/3) – Quite useful, specifically because of her AP skill, which gives a full turn over with 50~150 AP in PVE. Can also be useful in PVP for niche/clutch purposes. Super important mid-to-late game, as some mains will rely on her to do a ton of damage, through just recycling AP.
- Kim Yoo Shin – Hwarang (PVE/6-PVP/6) – His summon is one of the first from this marble that is available via a quest. Additionally, his books won’t be too hard to come by.
- Guan Yu – General (PVE/2-PVP/3) – He’s one of the mercenaries that’s available a bit later than most of these mercs in the list. That being said, his books can be acquired from Three Kingdoms’ Skirmishes/TBS’ (130~150). Summon is from a quest that will be fairly expensive to start out with, so perhaps is a good 3rd or 4th pick.
- Gigas – Automaton (PVE/3-PVP/4) – To clarify, he is a good mercenary, and the raid from Titan is really easy for him. However, he’s not as versatile as the Folklorist in support purposes and cannons for physical damage purposes are kind of lame (range that can’t hit flyers). Personally would recommend Grimm Brothers over this guy, merely because they’re more versatile.
- Roro Kidul – Goddess (PVE/4-PVP/2) – She’s the more expensive Monk (can have two Monks), so perhaps better to just pick him. That being said, she can be obviously powerful in PVP. Her summon orb is super rare to come by, oddly because the drop rate on one of the quest items is ridiculously low. Her books will also be expensive, initially, but over time, not too bad.
- Mwindo – Sorceress (PVE/3-PVP/3) – Another popular PVP/META merc that will possibly be used early on in Global. Her problem will be her books are only accessible at around 140~150, so that’ll be rough. Her summon/books will get much cheaper over time.
- Grimm Brothers – Folklorist (PVE/2-PVP/3) – His dungeon isn’t available until Lv 155, so his summon will stay really expensive for a while. His skills will be at a similar case, but most likely, people will be farming a ton of books before the summons drop alot.
- Riva Faust – Necromancer (PVE/4-PVP/2) – She’ll be an early PVP/META merc kind of like Mwindo. Books will be really hard to come by, however. The summon is also nearly impossible to get without IM, so an option for those PVPers.
- Morrighan – Valkyrie (PVE/5-PVP/4) – She can be heavily useful, but her skills/summon will be easily accessible a bit before mid-game (Lv100~120).
- Leonidas – Spartan (PVE/4-PVP/5) – Same story as Valkyrie. Useful, but also easily accessible when Nation Dungeons come around for the playerbase.
- Anne Bonny – Pirate (PVE/2-PVP/4) – She is a different case than the past two, as her summon orb is going to likely be very hard to come by, mostly because the Davy Jones’ Heart rarely ever drops from the boss in the Ghost Ship ND, which a ton of people will be hunting for. Her books, however, should be really easy to come by, once the ND is ran enough.